A LITTLE while ago, back in May of this year, we discovered that there are a number of benefits to be gained from participating in a forum.
The previous list of benefits was quite general, and so I will take another look at the benefits of participating in a forum. The new list is created specially for you, the idealistic and hardworking student who will one day change the world, you know who you are.
- Expand Your Mind: Using a forum will expand your mind, give you an experience which is out of the ordinary, alter your perception of life, and help you access and develop the unused potentials of your mind.
- Anything Goes, Man: Embrace the free spirited, informal, anything goes nature of participating in a forum. You can participate and have your say. Or if you don’t want to participate, that’s cool too man!
- Set Your Ideas Free: If you love your ideas, set them free. Share what you know, without any hope of repayment. You can make the world a better place.
- Make Peace Not War: Every day you are bombarded by an assault of noise and trivial ideas. Shallow messages developed by 40 year old marketing executives attempt to influence your decisions. Take action against cheap and meaningless ideas by writing a well structured and thoughtful comment in a forum. The world is now a more peaceful and coherent place to live.
- Discover Who You Are: Who are you? What do you believe? Your personal identity is based on what you believe and by discussing ideas, arguing different positions and testing your thoughts, you can build your own personal beliefs about how the world works and what is important to you. Establishing a clear personal identity and set of beliefs will help you meet the challenges of life with confidence and certainty.
- Stand Up For What You Believe: You know who you are and what you stand for. Embrace life and assert your unique personality and perspective.
- Join a Club or Society: There is a forum for everyone, and if you go through your internet days without ever having been a member of one then you may have missed out on one of the most rewarding experiences that the internet has to offer. If you don’t like debating then maybe the Drama Club or the Speleological Society. If there’s no forum that caters for your particular interests, you can always start one.
- Make Friends for Life: On a forum you can meet people from different walks of life. They may not live in the same city or suburb, have attended the same high school, or come from the same socio-economic background, but you share a common interest.
To help you capitalise on the benefits of participating in a forum, a brand new Consulting Forum will be launched through this blog on 1 August 2010!
Please be sure to join the forum, ask questions, post comments, and participate in the discussion. Or if you don’t want to participate, that’s cool too man!