Hi forum, small self introduction.

Thought I would just introduce myself.
My name is Joel. I study at Syndey University. Doing my second last year of Aero Engineering. I like sour fruits and card counting.

Btw Tom, your list of books was really useful. Actually induced a amazon shopping frenzy.

Hi Joel,

Thanks for joining the Consulting Forum!

Aero Eng, is that in the PNR Building?

Can't say that I love sour fruit, but card counting sounds very interesting. Does this pay your way through uni?

Haha, glad you liked the current selection of books. Which ones did you get?

Best,
Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes some of my classes in my second year were in the PNR building! How do you know about PNR? Did you study at Usyd?

Card counting is just for fun. They have decks of six to eight at starcity and shuffle often so the margin is less than a sixth of a percent so no way to pay the bills.

I bought all of them actually. Haha.

Well I want to memorise michael porters two books for one.. Blue ocean was remarkable. Outliers gave me some peace from all my struggling and appreciation for everything. Ohkay the strangest book was "think and grow rich". Half the time I couldnt tell if it was joking or if some profound truth was hidden inside. Well I figured I got nothing to lose so I'm putting everything I've learned to practise. Before I read interview practise books, I didn't even know what an investment banker or consultant did for a living!

Really opened my eyes. And as a student I have access to Aspect Huntleys australian company historicals so im making a macro to put benjamin grahams theories to the test. Haha

Hi Joel,

Yes, studied at Sydney Uni. I spent a year down in the engineering faculty building an electrically powered recumbent bicycle for paraplegics. Very interesting.

All of them, wow! Let me know if you'd like to write a review of one of the books or write about one of the ideas that interested you.

Hi Tom

I would enjoy reviewing one of the books. It would be from the context of a fairly ignorant undergrad but haha

May I ask how safe the bicycle was? It sounds mean (coz I laugh), but I cant help but imagine the consequence a red light would bring to a gentleman with less mobile legs.