Introductions

ashleysherman

Hello everyone! 

My name is Ashley Sherman and I am a student at NYU Stern studying Business and Political Economy. I joined the Hub for all of the amazing consulting resources and look forward to learning more about the profession through all of you. The management consulting industry has always retained this elusive mystery, particularly in New York, so hopefully through this initiative will help to break down those barriers. My current consulting experience primarily lies in participating in various case competitions through NYU and networking with those firms which target my school (sadly not all of them). 

On a more personal level, I enjoy contemporary art, 19th century literature, and indulging in lavish food that I can't afford. This year I am studying abroad in London and will be continuing my studies in Shanghai this fall before returning to New York. 

I can't wait to meet everyone and start some engaging debates. Feel free to personal message me if you want to talk individually! 

- Ashley 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'll introduce myself again, so I can win a book from The BookShelf! :) 

Currently working as an Technology Consultant (with some strat bent) and working my way through an EMBA at the Australian Graduate School of Management (expected 2015); aim is to use the MBA as a transition point into Management Consulting / Corporate Strategy.

Outside of work and study, I'm a bit of an airline point hound and a status chaser (hello FlyerTalk!) who can't go past a good value fare to anywhere or nowhere! Avid foodie, love to read, and can watch planes take off endlessly (which makes transiting in Hong Kong a dream!) 

Hi all! My name is Alan Huang, and I am currently working in engineering industry (product development). I have always been interested in management consulting, and I hope to transition in a few years. In my free time, I enjoy scuba diving, photography, cooking, and eating.

Hi all,

I am Director of Celest, branding agency based out of Brisbane. Looking forward to exchanging ideas and learning more throughout the forum.

Our focus is in strategic solutions that everyday business can apply to build their business.

Cheers,

Martin van Rensburg

Hi,

I realise I'm a day late to this, but I hope I'm not too late! I've spent a few years in corporate advocacy, advising clients on the ins and outs of major project approval, mainly in the resources sector. I followed that up with a short stint in the UK as a graduate engineer at Rolls-Royce (I trained as an engineer, so thought I should at least give the industry a try!), but following that moved into their strategic marketing team. Back now is Aus, I've been in business improvement/corporate strategy at an electricity distributor for 5 years.

I'm keen to try my hand at some new stuff, be it as a consultant, or as an internal strategy/business improvement resource.

Regards,

Toby.

Hello everyone

My name is Chris McLoon and I am a Portfolio Analyst at an Australian Utility organisation.    My role involves Assurance activities around our Portfolio Program and Projects.

My passions are Project Management in genera,l with specific emphasis on Project Governance andAassuarance to help projects deliver the outputs and outcomes as defined in the project Business Case.   This, of course, means that I also have a specicifc interest an Benefits Management and how to add value to the organisation in helping  with the Identification, Appraisal, Planning, Realisation, and Review of project Benefits in accordance with the leading practice model authored by Steve Jenner.

I look forward to contributing to future discussions in this forum, and will actively seek out your opinions on your experience in Governance and Benefits Management issues.

Cheers

Chris

Welcome everyone!  I look forward to sharing ideas with you about consulting, strategy, business and pretty much what ever else takes our fancy. 

Everyone who posted above yesterday is entitled to take part in the "Prize Inside" free book offer.  Take a look at the Bookshelf and see if any of them jump out at you. You can then feel free to send me a PM message or email (tom [at] spencertom.com) to let me know which one you want and where to ship it. 

Best wishes,

Tom