Article - 7 Habits of Highly Innovative People

Article

I personally love reading stuff like this. The article basically points out some strategic traits that help successful people become...you guessed it..."successful"

In summary:
1)Be Passionate (Be Proactive)
2)Do Something (Begin with the end in mind)
3)Put Things First, Second and Third (Prioritization)
4)Think Win (Think win/win)
5)Seek first to understand, then to innovate (Seek first to understand, then to be understood)
6)Energize (Synergize/Leadership)
7)Question the status quo (Sharpening the saw)

For me I have sometimes have a bad habit of over-analyzing (by over collecting data) and also paying the dreaded "feartax" (Victor mentioned this once in another article, and yes Victor I'm stealing your term) which are some of my key development points that I need to address but I think the article summed it up quite well.

What do you guys think?

Woah, don't give me credit for something I didn't coin.

I think your issue may be the same as mine - execution.

When do you have enough? When is it time to stop analyzing data? In other words, how would you define the scope and granularity of your problem?

That's the beauty about being a good consultant - you want to solve the problem in the least amount of steps - with your client in mind.

In other words, #2 really strikes a cord with me. The others are all awesome traits to have, some of which you may determine that you already unconsciously do them... but we should embrace the spirit of self-improvement, and really work on the ones that's stopping you from progressing. Typically, they're also the hardest one to overcome.