Nissan leads the charge

alee228

On 1 August 2009, Nissa launched the world's first fully electric car, the Nissan Leaf EV!

Following the launch, I wrote a short blog post entitled Nissan leads the charge. I was very excited by Nissan's long term commitment to electric vehicles, and the potential for this technology to be a game changer in the automotive industry.

The success of this new technology will require large scale investment in supporting infrastructure, such as electric charging stations, and at the time I posed the question "Will cities around the world commit to building the necessary infrastructure to support these new electric vehicles?"

It seems we are now starting to get an answer to that question. American federal, state and local governments appear to be throwing their collective weight behind the technology in an effort to ween America off its dependency on foreign oil.

Read The New York Times article here.

I think that governments and corporations around the world will need to start being pro-active in stopping their reliance on fossil fuels.

I believe this so much that I actually invested in some equities for bioplastics but unfortuantely...it doesn't seem to be going too well :S

**think long term...think long term...***