Courses in Sydney

M K

Hello,

I have 3 questions that I was hoping I could get some guidance if possible.

[1] Does anyone know of any online courses that teach the consulting frameworks? 

[2] I started looking in my city (Sydney) to see which universities / training companies teach consulting frameworks. I used search terms such as "Strategy consulting frameworks" but the courses i keep getting are more on strategic leadership as opposed to the frameworks. Alternatively, very generic consulting courses that discuss communication, running workshops etc (which are definitely useful) but not about the frameworks.This makes me think I'm not using the right keyword search. Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

[3] I already work as a consultant in the area of risk management in IT, prioritizing risks, resources etc - would this be seen as an advantage by companies like McKinsey, BCG etc?

Thank you for your time in advance  Cheers M

Hi MK, 

How are you?

[1] Did you have a chance to read our section on Consulting Frameworks? It is not a course, but it is amazingly good quality IMHO.  If your goal in learning the frameworks is to prepare for the case interview, then I'd recommend watching Victor Cheng's Case Interview Workshop Series, and download Victor Cheng's case interview core frameworks.

[2] Were none of the courses I suggested useful?  What other courses have you found?  

[3] In the past I have been offered interviews with McKinsey and other top strategy firms, and many of my friends have worked with them.  Based on my experience, these firms are looking for signs that you have excelled in what ever you have done in your life.  That doesn't need to be consulting, it could be law, engineering, sports, politics, etc.  My understanding is that IT risk management is not directly relevant for strategy consulting.  

Hope that helps.