SETH Godin is an American marketing guru born in 1960 in Mount Vernon, New York. Seth is an entrepreneur, author, public speaker and agent of change. Seth is widely regarded as America’s greatest marketer.
Seth is always starting new initiatives, some of his more remarkable contributions are highlighted below.
Yoyodyne, his first internet company, pioneered the use of permission marketing to reach customers online, and was sold to Yahoo! in 1998 for US$30 million.
Seth’s latest company, founded in 2005, is called Squidoo. Squidoo is a community website which allows anyone to build a page (known as a ‘lens’) about any topic they are passion about. The site raises money for charity (pays royalties to its members) and is currently ranked 120th in the US (by traffic) by Alexa.com.
Seth writes the world’s most popular marketing blog. You can read it here.
Seth has written thirteen books, all of which have been best sellers. He writes about the post-industrial revolution, the way ideas spread, marketing, quitting, leadership and most of all, changing everything. His most recent book is called Poke the Box, a call to action about the initiative you’re taking in your life. You can learn more about Seth’s books by browsing his books here and reading some of the Amazon book reviews.
Here are some manifestos, ebooks and other PDFs that Seth has gifted to us for free.
- Poke the Box: The Workbook – This work book asks one basic question, “What would our world look like if more people started projects, made a ruckus, and took more risks?”
- Unleashing the Ideavirus: Read and Share – This manifesto answers the question “how do we get attention to ask for permission from the consumer”?
- Money for Nothing (and your clicks for free) – Three Secrets to Web Traffic
- The Bootstrapper’s Bible – There’s never been a better time to start a business with no money
- Brainwashed – Seven ways to reinvent yourself
- Knock Knock – Seth Godin’s Incomplete Guide to building a website that works
- Who’s There – Seth Godin’s Incomplete Guide to Blogs and the New Web
- What Matters Now – Big ideas from Seth and others
- Flipping the Funnel – Giving your fans to power to speak up
- Seven Type Rules for Amateur Designers
- On the future of the music business
You can view lots of Seth’s talks but clicking the “Seth Godin” hot tag in the Consulting Forum.