Behavioural interview questions are one type of question that you are likely to encounter in the consulting interview.
Below we provide thirteen (13) sample questions to give you an idea of what to expect:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Can you provide an example of a time when you demonstrated leadership?
- Can you provide an example of an obstacle you faced, and how you overcame it?
- What role do you normally take in a group?
- Can you provide an example of a time you worked with someone in a group who didn’t pull their weight? How did you deal with the situation?
- Describe a project that best highlights your analytical abilities. What was your role?
- Tell us about a time when you had to persuade someone. How did you go about it?
- When was the last time you thought “outside the box”? Explain your approach.
- What is the most stressful situation you have ever faced? How did you handle it?
- Which of your achievements are you most proud of?
- What is the worst mistake you have ever made?
- Why do you want to work at [insert firm name here]?
- Why should we hire you?
[For more information on consulting interviews, please download “The HUB’s Guide to Consulting Interviews“.]